More than just a “how-to” book! With guided reflection, you will explore and dismantle your fears, growing as a singer and as an individual.
ISBN 978-0692759288. $24
Includes audio & video tracks, available 24/7. Practice whenever and wherever you like.
Singing is a skill that can be learned, just like any other skill. However, because singing is so primal and meaningful to us as human beings, when we are discouraged, we are discouraged to the core. Our confidence and self-esteem are affected.
Most would-be singers stop singing completely, no questions asked. But many who “can’t sing” on some level wish they could.
Scroll down to PREVIEW THE BOOK, or…
With the Fear of Singing Breakthrough Program Book, You’ll:
- Discover the power of the body–voice connection
- Learn simple ways to use your breath to support your voice
- Harness a variety of singing techniques that work with your learning style
- Demystify basic music theory for singing
- Start learning how to sing in tune and understand rhythm
- Learn how to blend in so you can sing with friends and in groups
- Powerful fear-busting exercises
- Ice-breakers to get you singing right away
- Exercises for learning to listen better and match pitch
- Step-by-step lessons on how to approach any song
- Real-world suggestions for starting to sing with other people
- Inspirational ideas about art, courage and self-expression
Even if your goals are modest (you’re not planning to perform on Broadway or become a professional), feeling comfortable about singing the Happy Birthday Song, or singing around the campfire or at church can make all the difference in the world.
In this fun, supportive program you will be guided through techniques to get past your fear, and be taught the foundations of learning how to sing.
Tap into the transformative power of singing to experience more confidence, self-expression and joy. Don’t let the outdated idea that you are a “non-singer” stop you from joining in one of the healthiest, most expressive and rewarding activities life has to offer.