Become a Member of the
Fearless Singers Playground!
Fearless Singers Playground!
This is a great way to stay motivated, connected, and supported between workshops and lessons, and to be part of an ongoing and growing community. Let’s explore, practice, and grow together as singers!
NOTE: This is a NO GUILT — take what you want and leave the rest — go at your own pace kind of thing. There is no pressure for you to do every activity! Do as much or as little as you’d like, so this supports your singing and fits into your life in a joyful, easy way!
The cost is $39/month via automatic payments. You can cancel easily anytime.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY…
• You’ll have access to the members-only Playground website for as long as you’re enrolled. It’s full of lessons to help you learn and practice singing skills and lots of songs, as well as links to other resources. I’m always adding to it — so it’s always fresh and growing!
• Weekly sing-along gatherings on Zoom… These are optional online group sing-alongs, and also a chance to chat and ask questions. They usually last about 30 minutes, and they happen at a variety of times — so there will always be a time that will suit your schedule! Fun!
• Each week you’ll receive an email with a reminder about the next sing-along, or a link to whatever is new on the Playground website.
• Pop-up practice activities: Occasionally you’ll receive an email with a link to a very short activity to pep up your practice!
• You’ll have access to our Members-Only Facebook group: Perfect for keeping in touch, sharing our accomplishments, asking questions, and whatever else inspires us. (Each week’s activities will also be posted here.)
Cost is $39/month via automatic payments
You can cancel easily anytime
Being a Member Will Help You…
- Learn in a way that’s supportive, comfortable & lots of fun
- Have your own tribe of friends to sing with regularly
- Build your repertoire of songs
- Really nail those notes!
- Discover & explore your own natural & unique voice
- Identify achievable, personal and meaningful singing goals
- Practice more regularly (so you can experience more tangible success!)
- Continue to build your singing courage & confidence!
- Identify & work through your individual singing challenges
- Master singing skills
- Share your singing story, (and progress!), with others who really understand
- Become more expressive, bold and empowered in all areas of your life!
- Get more comfortable and fluent with your diaphragmatic breathing
- Whatever you need help with – we’ll be in touch so you can let me know!
Some of the Topics We Will Cover:
- How to manage and use our fear to our advantage
- Thoroughly mastering songs one at a time (I’m open to suggestions!)
- Delve deeper with your voice exploration
- Singing with more expression
- Fine tuning scale patterns (like 1-2-3-8)
- The Body/Singing connection
- Breathing for singing
- How to create clear, achievable goals
- Deep listening
- Singing in tune: improving pitch matching
- Really Simple Music Theory and applying it to songs
- Gaining control over vocal quality
- Loosening up
- Improvising (which just means, making stuff up – it’s easy!)
- Warm-ups to use in your practice
- How to develop a rewarding singing practice
Email Nancy anytime to ask about singing lessons and online programs !
Already a Member of the Playground? Click here to Enter!
If you’re not a member yet, you’ll be taken to a purchase page…
What People Are Saying —
“I just want to let you know how much I am enjoying the singing lessons. I haven’t had this much pure fun since I was in the third grade. It really is liberating for an old codger like me to just cut loose and make joyful noise like I did back then.”
– Brian, Adult Singing Student
“As a private lesson student with Nancy, with a lot of fear of singing, I found after just one session my confidence grow. I attended a birthday party, and when the candles on the cake were lit, I immediately led the crowd in singing “Happy Birthday”! You have no idea what a big step this was for me!”
– Melanie, Workshop Participant and Private Student
“My mother, Charmian, called me this morning pretty euphoric. She said that she “finally felt free”. That she’d thought all her life that she was only capable of making a croaking sound but, instead, had heard herself sing one high note and one note in the middle that was really a tone. She’s always had fifth chakra issues, sore throats, laryngitis, power speaking, etc. This week, when she goes to her meditation meeting, she’ll join in the ‘oohming’ part for the first time.
She said that the workshop ‘changed her life’ after 94 years of being shut down/out.
This was an enormous breakthrough for her. Your program was so well structured and led with such enthusiasm and joy. Congratulations to you. What a gift for everyone there.” With gratitude,”
– Cathy (Daughter of 94 year old workshop participant!)
“The lessons made me feel a lot more comfortable with my voice, and singing in front of people. Also, I think that I’m better at staying on pitch, and getting the pitch right the first time. Plus lessons were just a lot of fun! I really enjoyed them! Thank you again. Hope to see you next summer!“
– Ruth, Teenage Singing Student
“It surprised me how easy it was most of the time, to let go and just sing and make sounds. One thing I really like about Nancy’s teaching is that she brings a straight forward can-do energy to the group, allowing for fears and nervousness but not focusing on those.”
– Workshop Participant