Even though it’s online, it’s still personal. I customize your lessons just for YOU, because every person’s goal is different…
Maybe you want to sing in a chorus, to sing with friends, to be more comfortable singing the happy birthday song, or just to enjoy expressing yourself and discovering your voice. You may find that your goals change as your lessons progress. It’s often a very intuitive process.
NOTE: You’re probably here because singing is at least a little bit scary for you — so I want you to know that I will make this process feel safe and fun for you!
You Will Learn to:
• Breathe in a deep relaxed way to support your voice
• Get past your emotional discomfort, shyness and fear
• Do warm-ups that incorporate stretching and yoga
• Tone, slide and siren with your voice
• Get loose and make crazy noises
• Connect your voice to your feelings – express yourself!
• Sing on pitch and match notes
• Listen and sing at the same time
• Approach learning a song in a logical, de-mystified way
• Sing simple harmonies with other people
• Sing rhythm patterns and sing using a variety of rhythms
• Develop your own repertoire of favorite songs
• Find ways to sing with people in your community
I also offer group online programs that use Skype and videos — this is another great way to learn to sing with me from a distance.
Email me to ask about taking singing lessons!
What People Are Saying…
“I’d lost myself. I needed to find my voice. Taking singing lessons and expressing myself this way has been part of a whole set of changes in my life. It can’t help but have a ripple effect. I’m painting again and have started a successful new business selling my art – I think it’s all connected.”
– Singing Student
“A wonderful affirming experience. Thank you.“
– Pat, Workshop Participant
“I loved our sessions and loved working with you. The lessons were very helpful and I am very grateful to have connected with you. I sing in the car driving to and from my mom’s every day!”
– Shendl, Skype Singing Student
“Let’s put it this way. I want my sky diving instructor to be very good at what she does, but I may need her to talk me into the plane and give me a gentle push out the door once we hit the right altitude. So, it was important to me that we established a good, trusting relationship.”
– A Skype Singing Student (making an analogy between singing and jumping out of a plane – both can take a lot of courage!)
“I am singing a little more and a little louder, and I think that is a direct result of our lessons. I think now that singing can be taught, absolutely — both in technique and in drawing out the singer inside.”
– Paul, A Skype Singing Student (Skyping to New Hampshire from Japan – how miraculous!)